PAE / Pdiss / Tj Calculator
- DC Watts = Supply V × Current / 1000
- Gain (dB) = Pout dBm - Pin dBm
- Pin Watts = (10^(Pin dBm / 10)) / 1000
- Pout Watts = (10^(Pout dBm / 10)) / 1000
- Drain/Collector Efficiency % = (Pout Watts / DC Watts) × 100
- PAE % (Low Gain < 25dBm) = (Pout Watts - Pin Watts) x 100 / (DC Watts)
- Pdiss Watts = DC Watts + Pin Watts - Pout Watts
- Temperature Change °C = Rth Junction to Case × Pdiss Watts
- Max. Junction Temperature at max. Case Temp = Temp Change °C + max. Case Temp°C
- Note: Tbase = interface between part and PC board/heatsink.
Have questions about using this tool? Email the Qorvo Tools team and we will be happy to assist you.